Hacking your life and making positive change takes time. It’s not like a microwave meal that gives you instant gratifcation, but rather a crockpot dinner that takes time and is always worth the wait.

Creating your own success takes time and daily plan that helps you work toward your goals. 

Each day, start by writing the date and your purpose on a new index card. Remember your purpose gives you direction for each day. It should be short, 1 to 2 sentences, and encompass what you desire to accomplish in life. My purpose is to encourage and empower others to live, lead, and finish well.

Next, write down your 3 passions. My passions are learning, developing leaders, and the next generation. These passions are directly related to my purpose and lead me in accomplishing my purpose each day. Writing these down at the beginning of each reminds me to consider whether or not the projects and tasks I am working on are important and allowing me to achieve my purpose.

Underneath that, write down your current goals. Remember that your goals should match up with your purpose in life, the things you’re really passionate about, and they are SMART (specific, measureable, attainable, relevant, and timely).

On the back of your card, write down your daily activities. These activities aren’t your to-do list, but rather actions you can take every day that help you achieve your purpose. For example, I take time to study everyday, I make sure to take time to plan (by filling out my index card), and I spend time writing. All 3 of these activities make it possible for me to make daily progress toward my goals.

Next, I want you to write down your top 3 priorities for the day. Ask yourself: If I don’ t get anything else done today, what 3 things would make today successful and push me a little further in reaching my goals?

Last, I want to write down 3 things you’re grateful for. There are many benefits to living a life of gratitude and counting our blessings each day. People that have a daily gratitude practice are more likely to have close relationships, be optimisitic, and are generally happy. These all traits that are essential to reaching our goals and finding success.

Taking time to plan each morning only takes about 10 minutes, and it will have a ripple effect on the rest of your day.

If you take 1% of your day to plan, the other 99% is going to go a lot better. 

Now that you know what to do, here are my top 3 tips for getting started :

Tip 1. Take time plan daily. It could take a few minutes or a few hours to develop your plan and get started. Then take 10- 15 minutes a day to fill out the plans for HACKING YOUR LIFE. Do this at least 5 days a week.

Tip 2. Keep your card with you throughout the day. Having your plan on hand will help you stick  to it and will be a constant reminder of your goals.

Tip 3. Save your cards. Saving your cards allows you look back and see all that you have accomplished.

 

Over the years I have worked with thousands of leaders, CEO’s, General Managers, Pastors, Military Leaders, Executive Directors, Entrepreneurs, Educators, Politicians, Administrators, Writers, Speakers, etc.

Some experienced an 800% improvement and some stayed the same.

Why the difference? Commitment and application!

Some had a much higher degree of commitment than others. Some had a greater understanding on how to apply the things I taught.

What am I saying? It is now up to you to do your part!

The fact that you have a personal growth plan puts you ahead of 99% of the people in the world. I encourage you to share your success with others around you. Know that I am pulling for you and am very proud of you for joining the army of people who have decided to bring personal development into their lives.

Write it, live it.

Scotty Sanders